Thursday, August 9, 2007

How's It Gonna Be?



So here I am in the US, totally ignorant about things that have happened in Malaysia over the course of the several months I've been here. Then, my friend from NYC flew down and came to vist, he showed me this video. To be honest, there are some truths embedded in it but then again, is it really the right way to deal with mistakes the government has made over the years or the racism (that has been swept under the carpet) this way? I think not. I fear what might become of our country. I love Malaysia but then again, it scares me sometimes to see how much racial tension there is going on beneath the surface. How are we as the new generation going to help heal hurts between the people? How are things going to be in the future?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy got into trouble for producing this video. Check today's star.

Anonymous said...

Negarakuku.....

This guy was speaking the truth probably to an extent where the government could no longer tolerate. His album is selling fast at the pasar malam. Cost you only RM7. My mom went to the pasar malam and saw it.

I like his video. It speaks the truth.


Jia Thiam

melian22 said...

I missed that days edition online. Could someone maybe send me an article? I know he made a video saying how he's going to be arrested etc. on Youtube as well.

Yes he was speaking the truth but sometimes, I believe you need to be wise in the way you put the truth out there. Especially since it's a very sensitive issue in our country. At least you know the Malaysia Boleh! spirit is still out there...his albums being sold in pasar malams. Haha!

Anonymous said...

Sent to your mailbox :)

melian22 said...

Thanks! I got it. :)