Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sim life

I like going in the night . Less traffic , less worries and you could find better parking


The usual parking place at night . For day time is about 50 to 60 metres away.


This is is more active then mine , 24 hours , i think it never shuts down for more than 10 years. Only things I heard they did is restart .


It has retractable staircase , if the sim is active . The hydraulic jacks begins to function for motion .

Inside is the simulator , the place im standing is where the instructor sits . On the left of this picture is all the aircraft details and activities .

For me sim life , is not easy . Expectations are high . Questions can be thrown to you anytime
(esspecially without a partner) . No tolerance for any reasons . Its more then the word commitment that instructors wanted . The result to this is alot of negativity in health . Schedules are so tight .
Imagine this scenario , you prepared for what you know on what you are going to expect in your coming class session . So you did whatever you can , then when you go for that class , then suddenly you know another new expectation and you have only 1 day to revise and learn that new stuff before the next session . So it accumulates and instructors get more unhappy and unhappy and you did all you can . Instructors will start to assume many things like " you come from an easy life , you take things easy , you go out drinking or sth" , " you are going to expect more than this in real flying , not enough effort been put in " , "what the heck wrong is you , everyone can do it better than you" and etc. I wonder what is beyond studying ,not sleeping and not eating . Can people be realistic at times? I tried to cope up the whole December , in fact it was one of the record breaking for a cadet to finish syllabus within a month . Usually it will take 2 half months or 3 , for normal operations . After 13th december in the morning at 7 after coming back from my last session , I tell myself.. "Im tired..." although the result of my last sim wasnt satisfactory . How long will this holiday be? I hope its long... I need to exercise and to socialize more .
Sim life makes me understand more on the importance of time with family and friends (maybe im getting old) . I can see things are negatively fading in terms of spending time in my future . Flights , nightstops and my principles to keep myself faithful to God , its all I have now with me . Looking back on where I was , Im always amaze with planes and stuff , the uniforms pilot's wear , glamour and income . At this age , I do not find anymore importance of those anymore . My dream is achieved and Im happy . The only thing Im unhappy is the time taken away from me . Unlike normal jobs 7am to 8pm , come back and can have makan with family . But this things is inevitable now . Ill be nightstopping for quite sometime , I barely see their faces . Hardly . Every likings have its sacrifice and this is one of them . Nevertheless , the one person I know who is still with me and always do ... God.

No comments: